Recipe (Juicer mixer grinder jar)
- To make the best and easiest tomato salsa from scratch, first prepare the produce: Rinse and roughly chop 2 medium tomatoes, 1 medium onion, 1 to 2 green chillies and some coriander (cilantro) leaves.
- You will need ¾ cup chopped tomatoes, ⅓ cup chopped onions, 1 teaspoon chopped green chillies or jalapeño or serrano pepper and 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.
- You can remove the tomatoes and green chillies seeds if you want a smoother consistency.
- Transfer the chopped ingredients to a food processor.
- Next, add ¼ teaspoon cumin powder, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and salt to taste. For even more spice, feel free to add a bit of cayenne or red chilli powder in place of the black pepper.
- Then add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice or more if you like a tangier taste.
- Close the lid and process into a fine, slightly-chunky consistency. The perfect restaurant-style tomato salsa does not have large bits but isn’t too smooth. I recommend pulsing bit by bit to ensure you don’t overprocess.
- Serve homemade salsa immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container to enjoy later.