- ¾ Cup Roasted Gram Dal
- 2 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 6 Green Chili
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- Coriander Leaves
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Split Urad Dal
- 1 Red Chili
- Few Curry leaves
- Take the roasted gram, grated coconut, green chili, ginger, garlic clove, tamarind, salt and coriander leaves in the SFI Retail’s BBG.
- Add water and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Take the ground chutney in a bowl. Add 2 cups of water to the jar, rinse and add it to the chutney. Give a good stir.
- Now for the tempering, heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and allow it to sputter.
- Then add split urad dal, red chili and few curry leaves.
- Give a good mix.
- Add this tempering to the chutney and stir well.
- Relish this delicious Neer chutney with Idli or Dosa!
Neer Chutney is a popular chutney in canteens and small restaurants. A diluted chutney made with roasted gram, green chili, ginger, garlic and very little coconut that is served with idli and dosa.